Lindsay Rohrbaugh

Lindsay Rohrbaugh

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Peru - Version 2.0

Hola! I return to Peru this coming Friday, August 22. For those of you who did not know me then or do not recall, my yearly traveling really solidified in 2011 with my first trip to Peru. A two week tour with G Adventures that included Lake Titicaca, the Lares Trek through the Andes, Cusco and Machu Picchu, Tambopata in the Amazon and strangers who became instant friends. This trip altered me completely, and I've been on the move ever since!

This year, I return to Tambopata for two weeks to do volunteer research in the jungle with Fauna Forever. Of course herps are my passion, as I completely geeked out on them last time, but as you can see, bats have earned a fond spot in my heart. So I pick up my books, boots and bat gear with plans to migrate into the dense jungle and see what nocturnal mammals await me.

But first, the shrapnel covering my upstairs floor (a.k.a. my belongings) need to find a way to consolidate themselves into my trusty steed of a backpack. Much work to do before the adventure begins.

I will try to keep up posts when I can, so please check in.

All my love,

Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment