Lindsay Rohrbaugh

Lindsay Rohrbaugh

Friday, December 12, 2014

Winter - Preparing for Ice Season

Seasons Greetings, Friends! It's been since Peru that I put thoughts to paper and filled you in on some tales. The fall has been long and although colorful, less than uplifting and inspiring.

But...it appears Old Man Winter is lurking and ice climbing season is upon us. Crampons have been purchased, boots have been fitted and pro-deals have secured much needed insulation. So, what does this mean? One of my many "that sounds like fun" ideas has been to sign up for the Alpine Skills Weekend with Potomac Appalachian Trail Club - Mountaineering Section. At the end of January, I hope to acquire skills to plunge me into some new adventures. I imagine the training will be long and hard. But discipline supposedly yields success - summiting Mount Washington! Yes, the cold, wind conditions probably daunt me more so than the physical, but an experience it will be.

Stay tuned for my training progress. Sunday - Old Rag in the Shenandoah National Forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment